Tete-a-tete with Pammi the violinist

Pammi is a violinist who played for us in our February session. We talk to her on her passion and her love for violin and how she has converted this love into her profession.


Why did you choose the violin?
I chose violin because i feel that it is the most emotional and most beautiful instrument.

Have you also played as a child?
No. I was always inclined towards music right from childhood. But, to realise how much I like it and that music is the thing that I should do in my life, took quite long.

What prompted you to leave your job?
I guess corporate job was not my thing. But still leaving job was not so easy process. At the time of joining itself I thought that I will work for few years and then leave. But clueless about what to do next. When I realised that music is my thing. Why and what's next was clear.

How many hours do you practice per day?
I do practice for 2-4 hours per day on an average.

How do you sustain yourself?
As I am still in the learning phase, sustaining is definitely difficult. I was sustaining with the gratuity funds that I got when I left the job. Ofcourse, It is not possible to sustain for long with them.
As of now I am planning for studying in music and to start freelance teaching, collabing with bands.

Comments

Popular Posts