POETRY READING AT LUNA BOOKS (THEME: FLOWERS)

On November 5, 2023, Luna Books was filled with festoons of poetry, smiles, laughter and loads of love of poets. The theme of the poetry reading was FLOWERS.

The poets at the Reading:


Selected poems 
(Some : at the Reading; Some : via E-mail)

Bougainvillea
By Sandeep K

Truth be told

I do not necessarily

love or trust flowers

They become a poignant humming song

for my poetry

which is delusionary

as it is emerging

out of my love

for you


Few steps aside,

there is a bloom

let me say it this way

on one side they bloom and

sell me the free fragrance

on the other side of this road

is this tiny foliage of the greens

and some signs of a lost lake

and I see you

with a perpetual freshness


A music plays

somewhere

It sounds almost like a cliché

I mean the music

as if I am a part of a movie

It is warm and seemingly romantic

but you look at the flowers

and feel safe

a look of naivety of love

and I know your heart


It is you that I cherish

not because the bougainvillea

has bloomed

your silent smile

fleeces my heart

and the flowers,

well let us smell the air,

for now


the shade of Bougainvillea

is proudly feasting

on your lips

While the Sun shines

sporadically

on this serendipitous

autumn day

The Flowers Bloom 
By HimaBindu Chintalapati

The flowers bloom

with a burst of color

Each petal is a brush stroke

In a magnificent painting

In the light of sun rays

Adding to themselves

Dewdrops already clinging

They look like beautiful beings

Ready to attract the bees and butterflies

In such a short life,they have

The flowers smile & spread their 

Fragrance like a perfume to others

Each small or big  flower

Wild or domestic, swing and sway

To the wind or the breeze 

That comes in their way

A tiny little flower is like

A tiny little angel with its petals 

As its wings & its center as its gold crown

Some  flowers bloom in daytime

Some flowers show their glamor at night

A flower has a short time

Yet it lives its life with sublime

As well as ends up being grateful to God 

Flowers 
By Parsa Elder

Flowers

Priceless Gift of God

To Humanity


Flowers spread

Happiness,Peace

Fragrance of unprecedented scents

And colours in any situation 

Wherever they are placed.


Flowers give everything they have

Seek nothing in return.

Nectar to the Bees.

Decoration to Events

Instilling happiness

All around them.


Flowers are best suited

In conveying subtlest of sad

Emotions

As wreaths on a coffin.


Needed by humans

In all situations

They live only

For a day 

To fall and decay

The very next day.


Ungrateful humanity

Sweeps the fallen flowers

Mercilessly away into

The dustbin once their need is over.

Beautiful Flowers 
By Suneeta Lawrence 

Oh these beautiful flowers

Remind me of our micropowers

In this world they come in various hues

They just keep giving me several cues

Oh, I wonder if they are smiling 

And I wonder if they are shining

They seem to be reminding

They seem to be guiding 

They seem to share

They seem to love and care

I paused and kept seeing 

They say so much by their being 

Is this just my experience

Or is their radiance

Now spreading to you too?

A Flower Called Home
By Samara

I look at the palms of my hands and see the lines etched on it.

I used to believe in fate,

Till one day, when I saw a bunch of Campanulas

Holding their heads high

Through a narrow crack on a concrete, mundane wall.

I was astounded by their audacity-

The audacity to thrive against Nature,

In spite of the world telling them that they should not.

The leaves I collect from my expeditions

Eventually dry up and serve as a recollection of memories

On the pages of my journal.

Nobody knows,

That their spines are capable of carrying the burden of the world,

As opposed to mine.

There are people who try to grind you down,

And then, there are people who are just incapable of loving others.

They might exist mutually, or exclusively, it does not matter.

What matters is,

The resilience of the wildflowers

Who refuse to perish;

And the integrity of forgotten, dried leaves

Which pushes me to walk-

Putting one feet in front of another

Along the lines etched on the palms of my hand.

They provoke me to be so audacious,

That one day,

I can rebuild my own destiny

Mend my spine,

And maybe plant a Campanula in a pot

In a home I can call mine.


What if dying flowers were a time-machine?

By Tazeen Fatma 

I hear the smell of dying flowers

tied in a bouquet—

plucked against their wishes,

gleaming together in differences.

A beautiful mess of red and green

and yellow and purple,

they silently wither in the dim-lit room

with the ticking of time.

There’s austerity and faith

in the smells that I inhale,

taking me to the distant land

of lush fields where they

prepare themselves

to invigorate the tomb.

Nostalgia envelopes a wedding venue

after the bride’s send-off.

The prayer mattress that was once

an abode of the holy Goddess

disintegrates into the dry earth.

As for me, I glide in the fourth quadrant

of the time-space dimension.


Love through Flowers 

By Apurva Yadavalli

As I bathed in the sprinkle,

My master trying to keep me fresh,

It was a just another mundane day,

Until that moment I saw her!

She picked me up gently,

Bought me from my master, 

With all generosity and no bickering,

I realised I was important,

When she gleefully held me close to her heart,

She made me her passenger,

And drove me down to a nice place,

Alas! There were noises there,

Distracting her attention away from me,

I slowly started to frown a bit,

When she touched me with her tender fingers,

I couldn't hold my smile and my little petal dance,

She put me into his hands joyfully,

I almost cried at the parting,

He looked at me as if he had been waiting,

To see me and absorb my fragrance,

I could see that she was happier,

Looking at the sparkle in his eyes,

I wiped off my tears as I realised,

That my only master is love! 


The Unwithering Blossom
By Hariharan

The unwithering blossom

Page worn, a seeping ink

held sturdy by roots-

a colorful bind


A watering of our thoughts

giving life to stories

and those that live 

in myriad worlds


all held in our hand

a book? just a flower

a flower of words

words that never fade


The unwithering blossom

and I sigh

What privilege it is

to overcome the test of time

through mere human invention.

 

Joy of yellove (Yell Loveee)
By Abirami Suresh 

Off the 99 florets of sangam,

The ever charming tales of yellow blooms,

Either as a rose or an aavaram,

Or the magnificent trumpets, the flames, and the showers!

The drummer of life fancies the yellovee treats,

For it stalls the lashes and speaks,

"Of Hygge and Hyggelig;

A language of cryptic wonders,

A fable for the drummer to ponder!

An ethereal beauty to behold,

A perennial bliss unfolds!

Of counts and unfathomable bounds;

Presence of ubiquitous or solemn,

To solace the drummer's aches;

For the inside 'n' out,

The Joy is yellove!"  


Fractal Song of a Flower 
By Meetu Chawla

Have you ever heard a flower’s fractal song?

Where nature and math intertwine.

A flower’s fractal song eternally holds a secret code,

Of  petals in symmetry and spirals and whorls.

A masterpiece of mathematical motifs.

They follow the grand design 

and how?

Tessellating petals in ordered patterns

Fit like a puzzle 

A Rose’s geometric design 

A Sunflowers Fibonacci sequence

Or a wildflowers meadow blooming  with chaos theory 

Even the exotic Orchid mirrors to a mathematical swirl

If you ever recover from the beauty and the symphony of colours 

Of a flower,

Gaze deeper

For there is a mystery beyond 

Of angles and shapes and numbers and patterns 

Crafting a mathematical dream.


Flowers of Wayanad
 
By Dr. Vidya Premkumar

When the night sky

opens

and flashes lightning,

and mourns like a mother in Gaza

crying to the night in pain,

the momentary illumination

shine on the hues of colours

splashed on the fields 

like magical stars smiling, unaware 

unconcerned,

dithering under the 

onslaught of heavy droplets,

losing petals and 

hanging on to the moment 

with just the core of seeds,

that will burst open tomorrow and spread life. 


I ride through the night sky

mourning today 

but tomorrow,

I may smile multi hued

with the flowers


Flower Power

By Shravan

was the nickname 

given to a mate

who was teased much.


I was teased too

but i flaunt my florals 

with pride

These are the medals 

i recieved 

for meddling in mud. 


Those that offer a flower

to their power-

ful idols 

and mock a man 

that pays tender attention 

to a bloom,

they 

know not

that the flower blooms

from the goddess' soft moan 

they 

know not 

it's power to unhinge 

a troubled mind

with only a kiss 

of its scented breath.


Flowers on a grave

By Nivedita
  Who knew that the petals of a flower could be heavy? Who knew that the soft colors of a flower could prick the eye? Who knew that his laughter was stemmed in grief? Who knew Who knew


Fragrance of Flowers

By Ananya Sarkar

You changed From flesh and blood To flowers And the fragrance Has lived with me ever since.


Moments from the day 





Comments

Popular Posts